Ref. No.: AC0002
The Post-doctoral Fellow is expected to be involved in the development of one or multiple research programs and projects in the Center/HKUST. He/she will conduct research and development tasks that are assigned by the Principal and/or Senior Researchers. He/she is required to station and work at the Hong Kong Science Park, with occasional business travels to the HKUST Clear Water Bay Campus and other Collaborating Universities of the Center when needed.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree preferably in electronics, electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent, with proven experience in integrated circuit design, design automation, or broadly microelectronics; those who possess equivalent academic qualifications in STEM-related disciplines would also be considered. Specifically, R&D, as well as hand-on implementation experiences in the following area(s) with relevance to the design of AI accelerators are preferred (but not limited to):
- Neuromorphic computing, compute-in-memory (CIM), and relevant memory and storage systems;
- Non-volatile memory (CVM), silicon photonic devices, or 3D integration for acceleration of computing or communications;
- AI algorithm and architectural co-design; Neural network optimization for hardware implementation;
- ASIC design; FPGA prototyping;
- Design and implementation of chip/hardware accelerators for AI applications;
- Hardware-software co-design; Electronics design automation (such as modeling, simulation, physical design, logic/high-level synthesis, verification, testing, design for manufacturability, etc.)
The ideal candidate should have strong research motivation and a sense of responsibility, the ability to multi-task and work independently, and a good command of written and spoken English.
Terms of Appointment
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits including annual leave, medical and dental benefits will be provided.
ACCESS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
For applications/nominations together with a full curriculum vitae indicating their current and expected salaries, please send it to Ms Phoebe CHEUNG (firstname.lastname@example.org). Review of applications will begin shortly and continue until the positions are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. *Please mark “PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL” and quote the position applied for and its reference number in the subject of the email.
(Information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes.)