Research Engineer (IT Infrastructure)
Ref. No.: AC0019
The Research Engineer (IT Infrastructure) is expected to be involved in design, build, deploy, evaluate and maintain the IT infrastructure of the Center, make sure the technology used is up-to-date and all IT systems that support research projects and other business functions efficiently and seamlessly. He/she will conduct all kinds of IT related tasks assigned by the Executive Director and Head of Administration. He/she is required to work at the Hong Kong Science Park, with occasional business travels to HKUST Clear Water Bay Campus and other Partner Universities of the Center when needed.
- Serve as configuration managers to create, apply and enforce processes for promoting all infrastructure components from the development environment to the testing, demonstrating and generating environments;
- Regular upgrading, testing and monitoring to the operating environments, system configurations and performance including system administration, network hardware and technologies applications, create repair strategies and provide comprehensive technical support;
- Designing and improving IT projects for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of Center’s operation;
- Manage broad area virtual private networks (VPNs) and fix network and connectivity issues and ensure sufficient network redundancy to satellites and colocation servers;
- Administering automated workflow tools, middleware application servers, and server visualization technologies;Liaising and coordinating with HKUST Information Technology Service Center and relevant units on troubleshooting applications and optimization the performance of databases, networks, applications, and servers, ensure Center’s current systems comply with HKUST’s IT policies and practices and suggest best solutions to the Center;
- To formulate and update relevant in-house IT policies and practices in compliance with the HKUST’s policies and guidelines from time to time;
- Installing components on networks and servers and ensuring they work in tandem and can be executed without compilation errors in various platforms and environments;
- Provide regular trainings to users and share knowledge across research teams and business functions via providing user manuals, ppt. and hosting briefing sessions, etc.;
- Managing the security of computer systems and inter-application information transfers;
- Perform any duties as assigned.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or related disciplines with at least 5 years’ work experience in IT business analysis and/or IT project management.
- Proficient with technologies, hardware and all kinds of software programs;
- Detailed oriented, excellent problem-solving skills and work well under pressure and on tight schedules;
- Extensive knowledge in relevant data protection ordinance in Hong Kong;
- Great sense of responsibility, independent and able to communicate at different levels with different users;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese.
Terms of Appointment
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits including annual leave, medical and dental benefits will be provided.
ACCESS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
For applications/nominations together with a full curriculum vitae indicating their current and expected salaries, please send it to Human Resources Team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Review of applications will begin shortly and continue until the positions are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. *Please mark “PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL” and quote the position applied for and its reference number in the subject of the email.
(Information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes.)